EFFECTIVE DATE: MAY 5, 2022
By using any of our Websites you are acknowledging and accepting this Policy. By providing your Personal Data (as defined in this Policy) to us, you explicitly grant your consent for us to use your Personal Data as provided for within this Policy.
- What is Personal Data?
- Why do we collect Personal Data?
- What Personal Data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- Where and how do we store your data?
- Retention of your data
- Sharing your data with third parties
- What are your data protection rights?
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
Our use of your personal information is founded on:
- The principles of lawfulness, fairness, and transparency
- Obtaining only minimal Personal Information needed for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes
- Retaining the Personal Information only for the period time required for those purposes
- Ensuring appropriate security and protection to the best of our abilities against unlawful processing or disclosure.
2. What is Personal Data?
geoLOGIC offers a range of products and services (the “Products”) to the energy industry and operates through a number of offices and websites.
Personal Data means information about an identifiable individual. For example, this could include, among other things, that individual’s name, address, email address, business contact details, or information gathered through their interactions with us via our websites or at events.
Personal Data that we collect about you is also referred to as “your data”.
In general, geoLOGIC collects the Personal Data of people in the following categories in the course of and for the purposes of offering and delivering Products:
- Individuals who are or are employed or engaged by active and prospective clients
- Supplier contacts to support our business including the delivery of Products
- Prospective candidates for permanent or temporary roles within geoLOGIC
- Individuals who are accessing our public websites (to the extent identified in Section 5 as detailed in “From our Websites”)
For more detail about the types of Personal Data that we may process, please refer to Section 4 below.
3. Why do we collect Personal Data?
We may need to collect and process Personal Data in order to provide the Products or other information to you. By providing your data to us you are granting us consent to use your data for the purpose of enabling us to provide services or information to you or because we are legally required to do so or for any of the following purposes:
- Deliver requested products and services.
- Provide product support including provisioning of product training.
- To contact you:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfil your requests. For example, to confirm your attendance at an event we organize.
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Products and changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
- To interact with you via social media.
- To process an application for employment including checking references and verifying your qualifications and experience and your right to work in a particular jurisdiction, curriculum vitae (or career profile), photograph, and other data that may be available in the public domain e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter, business Facebook, or on a corporate website.
- To inform you about our products and services, including by direct marketing.
- For assessment and acceptance of a customer.
- To execute any agreement(s) we may enter into with you.
- To tailor our Website in a way that is most relevant to you based on your preferences (e.g. information you have voluntarily provided to us, or your previous visits to our Website).
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our Products, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
- To operate, evaluate and improve our business and Products.
- For maintaining network security, protect against, identify, investigate, and respond to fraud, illegal activity, claims and other liabilities.
- For our internal administration.
- For our proposed corporate activities, such as a sale or merger.
- To operate a database of client personal data containing historical information as well as current resourcing requirements.
- To record the personal data of prospective client contacts.
4. What Personal Data do we collect?
geoLOGIC may ask for and collect from you personally identifiable and other information at certain intervals throughout your access to and use of one or more of our Websites. Depending on the information and/or services you request, you may be asked to provide Personal Data and other information that is relevant to the Products and/or information you have requested. geoLOGIC may combine this personally identifiable and additional data with other information it collects. geoLOGIC may also collect any information you choose to provide in your communications with us. Please do not send us personally identifiable information or complete any web forms containing personally identifiable information that you do not wish us to receive and process.
We collect and process your Personal Data when you or a third party knowingly provides it to us, such as your:
- Company name and type of business
- Job Title
- Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses)
- Telephone number
- Email address
If you are applying for work as an employee, a consultant or contractor, in addition to the Personal Data above, we may also collect and process the Personal Data that you knowingly provide to us, such as:
- Your prior employment history and CV
- Information required to satisfy regulatory requirements
- Background information as part of a pre-hire background check
5. How do we collect your data?
You directly provide us with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Contact us for information about our products and services.
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website in which case limited data will be provided via your browser’s cookies.
From your employer:
We may also receive your data on your behalf from your employer if required for the provision of any of our services to you.
From our Websites:
When you visit our Websites, geoLOGIC and its service providers (such as Google Inc., Salesforce and Pardot), may also automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, operating system and platform.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) of each page visited, clickstream to and through our Website including date and time, subjects visited and searched for, download errors, length of visits to pages, and any information submitted through forms.
geoLOGIC does not undertake automated decision making or profiling. We do use our computer systems to search and identify personal data in accordance with parameters set by a person. A person will always be involved in the decision-making process.
From other sources:
We work closely with third parties, including business partners, sub-contractors in technical, professional, payment and other services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies, and professional advisors. We may receive information about you from them for the purposes of providing services and ancillary support services.
As outlined above, geoLOGIC would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like. geoLOGIC is compliant with the Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) and you have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you prefer not to receive any further communications from us, you may selectively opt-out of marketing communications by choosing the appropriate option at the bottom of any marketing communication we send to you. Alternatively, you may email email@example.com to request that you no longer be sent marketing communications.
7. Where and how do we store your data?
- we will only transfer the Personal Data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission; or
- where we transfer the data to third parties, we will use specific contracts between us and the recipient in a form approved by the European Commission; or
- where the transfer is to the USA, the recipient is within the EU-US Privacy Shield; or
- where applicable, the fact that the controller intends to transfer personal data to a third country or international organisation and the existence or absence of an adequacy decision by the Commission, or in the case of transfers referred to in Article 46 or 47, or the second subparagraph of Article 49(1), reference to the appropriate or suitable safeguards and the means by which to obtain a copy of them or where they have been made available.
- When we interact with you in a business context we may store some of your data in our Salesforce cloud instance which is governed by their Privacy and Data Protection Policy.
NOTE that if you do not wish any of your personal data or information to be stored or transferred outside the EU/GB, you may withdraw your consent to this at any time by notifying us at the e-mail address specified in Section 14 of this Policy. However, because our servers are located outside the EU/GB, if you withdraw your consent, we will no longer be able to keep your data, keep you informed of our services, or otherwise provide you with our Product.
We understand the importance of using security safeguards to protect Personal Data against loss, theft or unauthorized access or disclosure. We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that all Personal Data is protected against such risks. All information you provide to us is stored on a secure server. We employ physical, administrative and technological measures to protect Personal Information regardless of the format in which it is held and in accordance with the sensitivity of the information. We also limit access to Personal Information only to those individuals that are required to have it for the purposes described in this Policy.
Where geoLOGIC has given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. geoLOGIC asks you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although geoLOGIC will do its best to protect your Personal Data, geoLOGIC cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website. Any such transmission is at your own risk.
8. Retention of your data
Personal Information is retained for only as long as needed to reasonably fulfil the purposes for which it was intended and for legal or business purposes. geoLOGIC segregates data so that we retain different types of data for different time periods. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include: (i) the nature of the Personal Data and its perceived accuracy; (ii) the length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you; (iii) whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject; or (iv) whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations). Based on the above, our policy is to retain Personal Data about you if we have had no contact with you for no more than two (2) years save where it relates to transactions or financial data in which case we retain it for seven (7) years after the last contact with you.
Personal Information that is no longer required is destroyed using secure means, including shredding paper records and permanently deleting electronic records.
10. What are your data protection rights?
While geoLOGIC and our affiliates websites are located in Canada, we are committed to providing data protection rights in line with accepted global standards including the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679), the United Kingdom's Data Protection Act 2018 (UKDPA), the Canadian Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), and the Alberta Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA).
UKDPA aligns with GDPR which aims to harmonise data protection legislation across EU member states, enhancing privacy rights for individuals and providing a strict framework within which commercial organisations can legally operate. PIPEDA, and by extension PIPA have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission. Within this Policy every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access - You have the right to request that we provide copies of your Personal Data. We may charge you a fee for this service.
- The right to correction - You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure - You have the right to request that we erase your Personal Data, under certain conditions.
We will endeavour to respond to any request for access or correction as soon as possible in accordance with applicable law. If access or correction is refused, we will provide reasons for the refusal, the name of the person who can answer questions about the request and advise of the right to have the decision reviewed by the applicable regulatory authority.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the information in the How to contact us section, below.
In addition, should there be a data breach within geoLOGIC, we will notify the appropriate regulators within 72 hours. If your Personal Data has been exposed or affected then we will also notify you.
12. Privacy policies of other websites
14. How to contact us
If you have any questions about this Policy and compliance with the Canadian Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), Alberta Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA), the EU's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), or the United Kingdom's Data Protection Act 2018 (UKDPA) ; or about the data we hold on you; or you would like to exercise one of your data protection rights, please do not hesitate to contact us.
If you are in North America:
Email us at: PrivacyOffice@geologic.com
Call us:1 (403) 262-1992 (Canada)
Or write to us at:
geoLOGIC systems ltd
1500, 401 – 9th Avenue SW
Calgary, AB T2P 3C5 Canada
Attn: Privacy Officer
If you are in UK or the EU:
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us: +44 (0) 207 247 6120
Or write to us at:
unit 1.1, 11-29 Fashion Street
London, E1 6PX
Attn: Data Protection Officer