Software Developer – Python
geoLOGIC is a Calgary-based company that provides innovative software and data solutions to the Oil and Gas industry. We value a respectful and diverse workplace with numerous opportunities for growth.
Our flagship product, geoSCOUT, is the premier decision support tool in the industry. The geoLOGIC Data Center (gDC) supplies customers and software partners with premium data in an open Public Petroleum Data Model (PPDM). gDCweb is a web-based search tool that allows customers to quickly look up wells, frac, logs and land information anywhere they have an internet connection. geoLOGIC basinINTEL – powered by BetaZiTM is a revolutionary software that provides customers with accurate, data-driven, pre-computed probabilistic production forecasts for every well in western Canada.
We’re growing and looking for a Software Developer (Python) to join our team! Working alongside the core Development Team at geoLOGIC, you’ll develop, design, and maintain our Windows-based petrophysical application, geoROCK. There will also be opportunities to participate in other Python-based projects, both as a coder and as a technical consultant.
As a Software Developer, you can apply well-developed technical skills towards creating powerful, easy-to-use-tools. You enjoy collaborating with colleagues, sharing your innovative approaches, and learning from theirs. The team for this product is small, and the role will be involved in a variety of aspects of the system, such as user interface, business logic, and software build processes.
Reporting to the Development Supervisors, this position involves close connections with a small group of geoROCK developers, subject matter experts, and our Design and Quality Assurance teams. You will also be part of, and have the support of, the larger Development team.
How Will You Spend Your Day?
As a member of geoLOGIC’s Development Team, you will:
- Develop, design and maintain our geoROCK product
- Optimize the system through refactoring
- Conduct system tests, troubleshoot customer issues and correct software defects
- Participate in designing and implementing automated testing framework
- Participate in code reviews to ensure that all code changes meet our quality standards
- Collaborate with our Design team to create high quality user experiences
- Work closely with our Quality Assurance team to ensure that clients get the best we can offer
Ready to Apply? Here’s What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years of delivering commercial software in a team environment
- Extensive experience of Python, particularly in large-scale applications
- Experience working with both 3rd party and open source libraries
- Experience using Git/GitHub
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Proven object-oriented design and implementation skills
- Strong inter-personal skills, and a desire to collaborate
- Self-starter with drive to continue learning
- Attention to detail and organization
- Post-secondary in Computer Science and/or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of commercial experience
- An understanding of geological, petrophysical and seismic data, and associated workflows
- A keen eye for user interface design
- Experience developing for Windows
- Experience with Qt, Numpy, Pandas and Flask
To apply, please email your resume to Careers@geologic.com, referencing “Software Developer – Python” in the subject.
We thank you for your interest in geoLOGIC systems. Due to the volume of applications received, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.